What does the old man eat in summer? Keep ten tips in mind
Due to the aging of the elderly, the functions of various internal organs are decreased, the digestion and absorption capacity is weakened, and the stress capacity is poor. In summer, especially in the "humid and hot" environment, the elderly are prone to many "bitter summer" symptoms such as lack of diet, indigestion, fatigue and weakness, anxiety and dryness. Therefore, the diet of the elderly in summer is more important than other seasons. If you consume too many calories due to sweating, it will increase the burden on your body.
On the contrary, because of lack of appetite, too few calories will lead to malnutrition. How can the elderly eat in summer to help them spend the summer safely?
1. There are not too few staple foods. Try to mix coarse and fine grains and diversify varieties. It can supplement a variety of vitamins and minerals while supplementing the calories needed by the human body.
2. Do not eat too much meat. The best choice is to use skinless poultry (such as pigeon meat, duck meat, etc.), fish and shrimp and other cool meat.
3. One bottle of milk a day. It is unnecessary for some people to stop the milk because it is hot in summer and they are afraid that the milk will "catch fire". You can choose low-fat milk, skim milk or yogurt according to your situation. The elderly who are intolerant to milk can choose substitutes such as soybean milk.
4. One egg a day. Because the protein in eggs is the closest to the protein composition required by the human body, it is also the most ideal source of high-quality protein. The best choice for cooking eggs is boiling, steaming and stewing, and avoid frying. The elderly with high cholesterol can eat half the yolk or no yolk.
5. Beans are indispensable. For health, "soybeans are better than gold". Soybean products are rich in high-quality protein and soybean phospholipid, which are the protective factors for the heart and brain vessels of the elderly and are also recognized as longevity factors. Therefore, eating an appropriate amount of soybean products is an indispensable part of a healthy diet. It is suggested that the daily intake should be 2 Liang - 5 Liang. Mung beans and red beans are also healthy food in summer. Especially when you take a nap in summer, you will feel better after drinking a bowl of cool Lily mung bean soup.
6. The quantity of vegetables should be large. Vegetables can supplement a variety of vitamins and minerals needed by the human body, and can play a certain role in lowering blood pressure, blood lipid and blood sugar. The vegetables in summer are rich and colorful, including winter melon, bitter gourd, cucumber, tomato, cabbage, lettuce, chrysanthemum leaves, etc. the elderly should choose them in a variety of ways. It is suggested that about 1 jin per day is appropriate.
7. Don't eat too much fruit. Fruits can provide abundant water, vitamin C and dietary fiber, and are most popular with the elderly in hot summer. However, fruits also contain many monosaccharide substances. If sugar, sucrose, etc., it is not allowed to eat greedily. It is recommended to eat fruits no more than 3 times a day
8. Don't have too much oil and salt. Oil and salt are risk factors for cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases in the elderly. Whether it is salad oil, soybean oil, rapeseed oil, olive oil or sesame oil, the daily dosage should not exceed 25g, and the dosage of salt should not exceed 6G.
9. Snacks are very particular. If the elderly suffer from anorexia, a small number of meals can be arranged, and snacks can be arranged 1.5-2 hours after the main meal. The snacks for the elderly can be lotus seed porridge, lotus leaf porridge, small fruit, cucumber, tomato, etc.
10. Drinking water should be scientific. In summer, the elderly should pay attention to supplement water, and it is better to drink warm boiled water or warm light tea water. You can also make mung bean soup, black plum soup, hawthorn water, chrysanthemum tea and other drinks. It's better not to drink carbonated drinks and sugary drinks. It is recommended to drink a cup of warm water after getting up in the morning and before going to bed in the evening. Elderly people who like sports and sweat a lot should pay attention to replenishing electrolyte containing water, such as light salt water and mineral water, to replenish electrolyte lost from sweat.
The diet of old friends is an important guarantee for their own health. In addition, they can go out for a walk in the evening, which is also conducive to the metabolic balance of the body.