How to take a healthy nap in summer?
Summer is a busy and efficient season. Many people are busy with work and entertainment, so they often lack sleep. They often feel depressed and drowsy, and the phenomenon of dozing naturally occurs. Although many people have the habit of taking a nap, but some people sleep more and more sleepy, why? Take a look at the correct nap knowledge brought by Xiao Bian.
1、 Why is it easy to get sleepy in summer?
Due to the hot and humid climate in summer, it is easy to damage the spleen and cause spleen deficiency. At the same time, there is another theory in TCM, that is, the spleen and the stomach are external and internal. That is to say, the spleen and the stomach are most closely related and there are some symptoms of weakness of the spleen and the stomach. The more common symptoms are sleepiness. After eating, the blood sugar rises, the blood supply to the brain is insufficient, and you will be sleepy. There are also people who can't adjust their biological clocks completely because of the seasonal relationship. Instead, they have high work pressure, high temper, easy to fret, and poor ability to adapt to the four seasons. This is a rare example.
There is also a certain relationship between excessive sweating and sleepiness in summer. However, this situation mainly occurs under the conditions of severe high-temperature operation. The human body perspires a lot and loses a certain amount of potassium, causing electrolyte disorder, affecting the normal operation of the human body and making people feel tired and weak.
2、 What are the benefits of taking a nap in summer?
1. The reason for "snoozing" in summer is that the days are short and the nights are long, and the summer nights are dry and hot, which affects the quality of sleep. The high temperature also causes the blood vessels of human skin to expand and a large amount of blood to flow in. All of these can increase the consumption of the body and cause fatigue and drowsiness. In addition, many people lack proper rules in their daily life due to work or lifestyle, often stay up late and lack sleep.
2. After lunch, in order to ensure the digestion and absorption of food, most of the blood in the body flows to the digestive system, and the blood in the brain is relatively reduced. In addition, after a morning's work or study, the brain cells are also in a state of fatigue, so they feel sleepy.
3. This kind of drowsiness in the afternoon is the expression law of the biological rhythm of normal sleep and wakefulness. It can be adjusted by taking a nap. The nap can compensate for the lack of sleep at night, relax and rest the brain and body systems, and is more conducive to work or study in the afternoon and at night.
4. In addition, siesta can also protect the brain and relieve tension. When sleeping, not only the nerve cells in the cerebral cortex are protected and restrained, but also all parts of the body are fully rested. When the muscles of the whole body are relaxed, the physical strength consumed by activities can be gradually recovered, and various organs in the body can work quietly and regularly.
3、 The right way to take a nap
1. Try to lie on the chair to reduce the uncomfortable symptoms of sleeping with your hands on your head.
2. Don't take a nap for more than 20 minutes each time.
3. For those who wear contact lenses, it is best to take off the lenses before taking a nap, so as not to make their eyes feel sour.
4. After taking a nap, get up to wash your face and drink a cup of hot tea. Sweet drinks containing sugar will make your body tired easily. Try not to drink them.
4、 The harm of lying down for a nap
1. Although siesta is a good way to promote health, we should also pay attention to methods, otherwise the effect will be counterproductive. Generally, don't go to sleep immediately after dinner, don't sit down to doze or lie on the table, and don't sleep for too long. Generally, about one hour is appropriate, and the longest is not more than one and a half hours.
2. As a result of sleeping on your arms, many nerves are oppressed, and you often feel anxious and can't sleep steadily during the afternoon nap. At the same time, we should pay attention to: don't rush to take a nap after dinner. Because if you lie down on the table for a nap after lunch, it will affect the digestive function of the stomach and cause flatulence in the stomach.
3. Because the eyeballs are pressed when sleeping on the stomach, temporary blurred vision usually occurs after a nap. For a long time, this will lead to high intraocular pressure. Over time, the eyeball will expand and the eye axis will grow, resulting in high myopia. At the same time, it is easy to increase the incidence rate of glaucoma.
4. Sleeping on the stomach for a long time will affect the normal blood circulation and nerve conduction, making the arms and face numb and even sore. Over time, it will evolve into local nerve paralysis or facial deformation.
5、 Four taboos of taking a nap
1. The longer the nap, the better
The nap time should be half an hour to one hour. If you sleep too much, you will feel very uncomfortable after waking up because of deep sleep.
2. Go with the flow and take a nap
Don't lie down and take a nap under the corridor, under the shade of trees, on the grass or on the concrete floor. Don't take a nap at the draught or tuyere. Because the central function of body temperature regulation is decreased during sleep, the severe person catches a cold, and the mild person is unwell after waking up.
3. Sit or lie down for a nap
Many people sit or lie down on the edge of the table to take a nap due to limited conditions. They have formed the habit of sitting or lying down for a long time, which is extremely harmful to their health.
4. Everyone needs a nap
Siesta is not necessary for everyone. As long as you are in good health and have enough sleep at night, it will not affect your health. However, it is very necessary for mental workers, primary and middle school students, the weak and sick or the elderly.